Monday, June 02, 2014

Don't do it!

Old post in draft mode found!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, no, no!

There are some things that you just cannot say or do to the people you are dating. Or in a relationship with. All of us have some time or the other made the mistake of saying some of these things that end up scarring the other person so much that they just stop looking at you the way they used to. The first few times, we are novices and probably don't know any better. But why doesn't wisdom catch up with us? I've done it and all of my friends have done it. And in most cases screwed up what we had. The difference in the other cases was probably that the other party was more forgiving than the average Joe (or Jane). What are we doing wrong, you ask? Here's a brief compilation.

Tips for the gents:
  1. So you've had a fight. Don't, fuckin don't, ever, ever, call her a bitch or a whore! She may not end it right there, but its a start of a downward spiral of lack of respect that will only take therapy to go upward!
  2. "Look at you! You're getting a paunch!". This sentence is even worse when the man himself has a paunch but thinks you're the one who should be losing weight anyway. Wouldn't it be better if you said, "I think we should join a gym." It's good for both of you anyway.
  3. This usually applies to the ladies, but I don't think even men should be asking women how much they make. I have been asked this question multiple times and I feel like this information is too personal for me to tell just anybody. Even a lot of my friends don't know how much I make, so why should I be telling you?
  4. Please have an opinion. Well, not necessarily on everything, but on important things in your life or in the world. Be aware. A woman instinctively wants to mate with the alpha male. "I don't know" said enough number of times is sure to make a woman lose interest.
Tips for the ladies:
  1. "That guy has the best sense of humor ever!". Sure we all want to be honest in our relationships. But lets face it, in most studies performed on what women like in men, sense of humor was in the top 5. Men are aware of this and WILL take it as competition. This definitely does not mean that he's gonna let you go for this, but it's really bad for his ego. And unless you have a good plan for why you wanna make him feel jealous, I say stay away from this one.
  2. Don't ever tell the man he's not rich! If you feel that way, please leave him and tell him that was the reason. But if you want to be with the man, that's just stepping on his toes with a stiletto!
  3. On the first few dates (unless this is an arranged marriage), please don't ask the man how much he makes. Even if he makes a lot, it tends to feel like you're only doing this for his money and are not capable enough of making your own.
Disclaimer: This list is by no means a reflection of everybody's opinion. But I think it's a fair representation of a particular demographic - that of the 25-30 yr old, upper middle class family, with a higher than average income for their age, who has dated or had a relationship at least once in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails