It was my birthday in January, but I had to spend it away from my friends and family - in Montreal. My colleagues made it an enjoyable experience, no doubt, but i missed my people. And Kashif in particular!
So it was just obvious that I asked him for my pending birthday gift when I came back to Bombay in March. As usual, and like every second man in this planet, he said he didnt know what to get me and I had to choose. To be very honest, this arrangement suits me just fine on most occasions (unless I'm in a crappy mood and am expecting to be treated like a fairy queen). So i asked for a pair of boots that I'd been wanting for a long time. I saw the style in Montreal but couldn't afford it there. My colleague Rajula told me that she'd seen the same stuff in Bombay for quarter the price. So I took my call - "Buy me boots, Kashif. I'll come with you to select the style and size."
Hoppity-skippety (not really. LOL.) we went to Linking Road, Bandra and I quickly selected my darlings from Bootmaker.
Information:
Bootmaker is a damn good place if you're looking for boots. They've got all the styles you'd like to choose from. On the same side of the road as Citiwalk, but a five minute walk ahead, away from Khar.
Now I needed an occasion to wear these boots (they're really pointy and with high heels. I'll never be able to use them as regular wear while I'm travelling by train) and a meal at a uptown restaurant seemed like the perfect place. Shatranj has opened up a branch at Versova and I suggested that me and Kashif go there so I can wear my boots. But I was really caught up at work and was finding it difficult to make time. "Let me get free first", I said to him.
Three weeks later I sprained my right ankle (long story. It involves an office party and alcohol) and spent an agonizing 2 weeks. No Shatranj until i can wear my high heels. Just another few weeks and I'll be able to wear heels again. The day after these thoughts appeared in my head, I sprained my left ankle while getting off the train at Churchgate! Crazy things were happening! Another 2 weeks went by. Just as I thought that I'd get to go to Shatranj in another few weeks again, Kashif and me started having problems. He didn't wanna see me for some time. When the hell do I wear my boots?? Anyways, so I'm waiting for him to wanna see me again now and just as things are getting better with him, I bang my foot against the bed today morning and the bone below my big toe hurts real bad.
WHEN WILL I GET TO WEAR MY BOOTS, DEAR GOD????
omg this is too funny!!
ReplyDelete