Coz I'm feeling black today. And like a once-upon-a-time-dear-friend once said, "rhyme is crime", I feel like being a gangsta nigga! Am I allowed to say that? Heck yeah! I mean it with all due respect!
Ok but all the crap above is distancing itself from the title now, isn't it?
Have you ever had a feeling of belonging to a certain group of people, to a culture, to a section of society, to a club, to a cult, to a region, to a country? Does it make you feel comfortable? Does it make you have more faith, have more peace? For most people, it does, doesn't it? Being around people who think similarly makes one feel assured...assured that your thoughts are correct or in the right direction at least.
People with very low economic stability tend to group together and celebrate festivals with far more fanfare than those with more wealth. A recent conversation with a very special human being revolved around how poor people resigned themselves to ugly situations in life and instead focused on the happier things. To those of us who are fairly placed financially, we start questioning ourselves, simply because we are physically stable and now need emotional stability. Poor people are spending their time just trying to survive. And at many times, drink, I must add! Anyway, so they group together to rejoice and cherish what they have. They congregate to feel good, to feel comfortable, to feel wanted, because as individuals they cannot achieve what they can as a group.
But...and there had to be a but, right? But, what about those of us who have enough to survive and more. And still want to cling to a set of beliefs without asking any questions that cause some discomfort?
Bring out your individuality. Segregate the congregation!
No comments:
Post a Comment